A termite infestation is terrible for those who have busy lives, busy careers and busy off days. When you are not at work you are probably trying to make the world a better place by walking home instead of driving or by taking the bus instead of your own car. And when you do get home you are quite tired and simply don’t have time or energy to deal with a termite infestation. But the longer you wait to deal with a termite infestation the worse things can get because these tiny creatures can cause irreparable damage to your home and they can destroy your entire garden. It is time to make an off day or a public holiday a car free day and stay at home while you deal with your infestation.
Top things you never knew about termites
Before you start to panic, you should make sure that you are in fact dealing with a termite infestation. The best way to know for sure that what you are looking at are in fact termites is to get to know these horrid little creatures a bit better. Here are some of the top ways to identify termites;
- Termites don’t just nest in wood but in any object that serves as food. You will find them in your garden, under wood piles, in compost heaps or piled up against your home where they are literally devouring everything that is of plant nature that comes across their path.
- There are more than 50 species of termites but only 20 species are considered pests.
- Termites that are harmful to your home will leave indications such as tiny holes in your furniture, frass or feces piles near the tiny holes in furniture and wood or a buildup of soil over the area which the termites are attacking.
Top ways to deal with termites
- The number one way to deal with termites will always be to call in professional assistance. Termites like the Formosan Termite are the most destructive insect in the world and they are incredibly resistant to home pesticides. Professional exterminators like Pestkilled have the needed skill and products to deal with such an infestation effectively and time efficiently. You can check out this site to find out more about Pestkilled and about how to handle termites.
- If you have your heart set on dealing with the issue yourself then you can try a few DIY termite treatment methods such as;
- You can spray a piece of wood or cardboard with borax and lay it out as bait.
- Lay cardboard traps and burn the termites when they infest the cardboards
- Throw boiling water down their nests
There are several other DIY remedies but the best way to rid your home of these destructive intruders is to get a good pesticide which will wipe out the entire colony.
When you get a pest removal company to come to your house to get your termite problem solved you can still enjoy your off day and have a blast at home while they are doing all the hard work for you.